Palace Kasepuhan

29-12-2011 Cirebon City 23599 viewed

Print


As a city that was built during the development of Islam, Cirebon downtown around the square. To the south of the square there Kasepuhan Palace. Administratively, the palace is in the area Mandalangan Village, Village Kasepuhan, District Weak Wungkuk precisely at the coordinates 06 º 43 '559' south latitude and 108 º 34 '244 "East Longitude. The entire palace complex area of ​​about ± 185 500 m2 of which is limited by Jl. Kasepuhan in the north, east Jl. Major Sastraatmaja, Kali Kriyan south, and on the west side there are residential areas.
Kasepuhan palace built in 1529 by Prince Cakrabuana, an extension of the oldest royal palace in Cirebon, Pakungwati. Pakungwati palace, known also Dalem Pakungwati is the forerunner of the Great Palace Kasepuhan. Pakungwati palace located in the eastern sebalah Kasepuhan Palace, built by Prince Cakrabuana (Son of King Pajajaran) in 1452, means simultaneously with the development Tajug Pejlagrahan located on the east side. In 1479 the palace was extended and widened. Extensive first site in Cirebon is about 4900 m2, has a wall around itself, the state of the building is now living ruins. At that location there are remains of buildings, artificial caves, wells and gardens.
In the 16th century Sunan Gunung Jati died, succeeded by his great-grandson named Prince Gold Zaenal Arifin and hold Panembahan Pakungwati I. In 1529 he built a new palace in the old palace southwest. The new palace was also named Palace Pakungwati, devoted daughter of Prince Cakrabuana name or great sultan, who died in 1549 when it joined tahub extinguish the flames that burned Notices Taste The Great Mosque.
In 1969 the Sultanate Cirebon divided into Kanoman and Kasepuhan Sultanate. Kanoman Sultanate led by Prince Sultan Anom Kartawijaya degree-I, while the Sultanate Kasepuhan headed by Prince Sultan Martawijaya who holds Sepuh I. Both of these sultans brothers, and each occupies its own palace. I occupy the palace of Sultan Sepuh Pakungwati, which was later renamed Kasepuhan Palace.
Kasepuhan Palace main gate located on the north and a second gate located in the south complex. North gate called Kreteg musicians of the bridge, while the south is called mace sanga (nine doors). After passing Kreteg (bridge) musicians will arrive at the front of the palace. In this section there are two buildings namely Pancaratna and Pancaniti.
Pancaratna building complex located on the west front left berdenah rectangle with a size of 8 x 8 m. Floor tiles, roof construction supported by four pillars on the higher floors and 12 poles supporting the lower surface of the floor. The roof of tile material, at its peak there were mamolo. This building serves as a place of Sheba or where the authorities of the village overlooking or received by a Demat village or district officer. As a whole has a fence bars.
Musicians Building complex located on the left front facing north. This building measures 8 x 8 m, a chain tiles. The building is open with no walls. Poles, amounting to 16 pieces to support the roof shingles. This building has a fence bars. The name comes from the five Pancaniti mean streets and niti means the eye or the king or boss. This building serves as a place to train officers in the war soldiers, rest areas, and also as a place of trial.
a) Home Page
After passing Pancaniti Pancaratna and subsequently entered the first page. To enter get past the gate or gate Adi Bull. Adi arch-shaped gate of minute size 3.70 x 1.30 x 5 m using brick material. Adi gate is located in the north Siti Inggil. The gate of the Citadel gate with a moment size 4.50 x 9 m. This door is larger and higher than the gate Adi. In the east there is a staircase cheek stilirisasi bull form.
The first page is a complex Siti Inggil, in the complex there are several buildings, among others, Mande Pendawa Lima that serves to guard Raja seat, Mande Malang Semirang which serves as the seat timadu king watched the show on the plaza, Mande Timandu Semar is a building that serves as a place to sit the prince or the king's advisers. Mande Karesmen the building as a place to display art king, and Mande accompaniment of the building as a place mengiring king. Besides these buildings there is still one more building that is building beings. The building is 17 x 9.5 m, serves as a place to share the blessings and the checkpoints before the king.
b) Second page
The second page is restricted brick walls. In the northern part of the fence there are two gates that Regol beings and the gate bell. Regol beings is the entrance gate to the third page with a base length of 5 x 6.5 m. This paduraksa shaped gate using stones and leaves the door of the timber. Gate bells are on the east Gate Pangada with base length 3.10 x 5 x 3 m. This gate berbenduk koriagung (arch-roofed) using brick material.
The second page is divided into two, pages and pages to complex beings Violating Court. Page beings measuring 37 x 37 m which serves to park a vehicle or tether horses. On this page once there wells to water their horses. Great Break complex page is a page where there is a building complex Violating Court. Violating Court building facing east, has a main building with a size of 6 x 6 m. Terrace 8 x 2, 5 m. So this building is shaped "T" inverted Since the front porch is larger than the main building. Timber half walled patio section of the floor surface, then half of the top rated wooden trellis. The walls of the main building is a stone wall. Mihrab curved shape measuring 5 x 3 x 3 m. Inside the sanctuary there is the pulpit made of wood measuring 0.90 m. x 0.70 x2
The roof of the Great Break is by using two overlapping roof shingles. Roof construction supported four main pillars. Violating this Court has a page with size 37 x 17 m. Break It serves as a place of worship palace relatives. Violating Court building is also equipped with the Post Bedug Somogiri. The building is facing east berdenah square measuring 4 x 4 m in which there is the drum (drum). This building without walls and pyramid-shaped roof, the roof cover supported four main pole and 5 pole support.
c) Third page
Between the second and third pages walled with gate-sized 4x6, 5 x 4 m. The gate has two doors made of wood, if it is opened and closed the door will sound then called gledeg (thunder). On the third page there are a number of buildings as follows.
d) Parks Bunderan Dewandaru
This park berdenah oval made of rock. Has a meaning of its name means agreed Bunder. Means god or gods and spirits ndaru means light. Overall meaning is "people who illuminate their neighbor who still lives in the darkness". 20 m2 area of ​​the park. In this park there is Nandi, the tree as a symbol cornerstone hearts rejoice, two statues of white tiger is a symbol Pajajaran, desks and chairs 2 pieces of cannon, called Ki Santomo and Nyi Santoni.
e) The Museum of Antiquities
Shaped building facing east "E". There are two doors to meet building. Here the ancient objects stored Kasepuhan Palace.
f) Train Museum
The building is facing west and east teat Dewandaru Park roundabout, measuring 13.5 x 11 m. Stored at the Museum Railway carriages and other goods
g) Wait Manunggal
The building is a short stone ± 50 cm, surrounded by 8 pieces of potted flowers that symbolize God is one substance in nature.
h) Lunjuk
Building facing east, measuring 10 x 7 m that function to serve guests in a business record and report to the king.
i) Sri Manganti
The building is located in the eastern united square monument. The building is open with no walls, shaped bungbungan joglo and tile roofs supported by four pillar pole, 12 poles and 12 poles outside the center. Langiut-sky filled with carvings of white and brown. The building is named Sri Sri Manganti because the meaning of meaning king, manganti means waiting. Sehinggra means a whole place awaiting the king's decision.
j) Main Building Palace
The main building is a palace of the Sultan tempaty activity, in this building there are several rooms with different functions, namely:
• Kuncung and Kutagara Wadasan built in 1678 by Sultan Sepuh 1. Crest of the building measuring 2.5 x 2.5 x 2.5 m used vehicle parking sultan. Kutagara Wadasan is a white-painted gate with distinctive style Cirebon width and height of 2.5 m ± 2.5 m. Cirebon style appears in the lower legs and Wadasan carved arch top with carved mega cloudy. Meaning of these carvings one must have a solid foundation if it is to become the leader or the emperor should be able to protect subordinates and subjects.
• Jinem musicians of the building that serves as a palace veranda. The name comes from the word musician jinem jinem or kajineman means the duties and musicians come from the word pepper berate a small, smooth or nice. Marble floors, white walls and decorated with European ceramics. Roof supported by four pillars with wooden base with concrete pillars. This room is used as a prince regent and vice-sultan in receiving guests.
• Elephant Nguling the room with no walls and there are 6 pole round Tuscan-style columns as high as 3 m. Floor tiles and green ceiling. This room is not straight but elongated menyerong (bends) and then fused with Pringandani ward. The shape of this room take the form of an elephant who was Nguling (uncover) with a crooked trunk. This room was built by Sultan Sepuh IX in 1845.
• Ward Pringgandani is a room located in the south of Elephant Nguling room. This room has 4 main pole rectangular green that serves as a place overlooking the Regent Cirebon, Brass, Indramayu and Majalengka. At times used also as a citizen of venue palace.
• Ward Prabayasa located in the south ward Pringgandani. "Prabayasa" comes from the word meaning wing and real estate Praba great meaning. These words imply that the Sultan to protect his people with large hands. On the walls of the room there is a relief that is named Flower Kanigaran meaningful symbol of state. That is the Sultan in his administration have compassion on his people.
• General Ward Panembahan is located in the south room and one meter higher than the ward Prabayaksa. Function as Gusti Panembahan throne. This room is pristine and there has been no change since it was built in 1529.
• Pungkuran foyer is a room located behind the palace. This place serves as a place to put the offerings at the time of the Prophet Mohammed's Birthday anniversary.
• Building Kitchen is located in front Maulud Kaputren the direction toward the east that serves as a place to cook preparations warning Birth of the Prophet SAW.
• Pamburatan is a building located in the south Kaputren. Pambuaran means to scratch or scrape. This building serves as a place of fragrant wood scrape (timber for cream) for the completeness of salvation Maulud Prophet.
 
Location: Village Mandalangan, Village Kasepuhan, District Weak Wungkuk.
Coordinates: 06 º 43 '559 "S, 108 º 34' 244" E
Phone: -
Email: -
Internet: -
Directions: -
Facilities: -
Opening hours: -
Close: -
Tickets: -
More Information: -
 


Another Destination