welas Asih Temple

31-01-2012 Cirebon City 24821 viewed

Print


In addition there is a temple Gutters in Cirebon Temple of Mercy. This temple is located on Jl. No office. 2, or Pacinan Kamiran Village, Village Panjunan, District Weak Wungkuk. Location in an office area and settlements are precisely located at the coordinates 06 º 02 '04 "south latitude and 108 º 03' 135" East Longitude. In the north there are temples Port Warehouse Pos 2, there is a warehouse east of the Port Heading 1, south of the park and Jl. Pasuketan, whereas in the west there are Bank Mandiri.
Originally the name of Goddess of Mercy temple is Tiau Kak Sie. "Sie" means the house of worship (the ascetic). "Tio" mean high tide (water ride), and "kak" means waking from sleep or wake, or brings to mind is right. Thus, Tiao Kak Sie temple has two meanings. First, the temple is a place that was awakened by the tide. Second, the temple is a reasonable place to grow.
Temple with the main building area of ​​1600 m2 was facing south, standing in an area of ​​1857 m2, which is divided into the first page, second, the main building and wing building. The front of the first page is restricted by a fence and gate-shaped minute, while the west and the east fence of the wall. Next to the second page where there are buildings Pat Kwa Ceng (peristirhatan place), place of Buddhist worship called Dharma Rakhita Cetya burning paper there are two places and two lions on the front page.
The main building consists of the foyer and main hall. The main hall has room front, middle and primary sacred space. Wall of the left and right in the main room red brick tile floors are decorated with pictures that tell a child's devotion to parents, courts, and torture of sinners. Each wall space is also affixed to the front of the inscriptions which mention the name of the contributor and the amount, as well as years of restoration.
The pole supporting the roof consists of four pieces, rectangular, red and affixed a sign that read Chinese characters. Ceiling made of wood, while the saddle-shaped roof of tiles, decorated with flowers, birds and leaves. In the main room of the front there is the altar Goddess Tie Kong, where ash, candle and hung two bells and a drum.
In the middle of the room there is an altar to God Sing Hok Tek Ceng (the god of the earth), the altar to God Seng Hong Yah (God of The Hereafter / Law), the ash, two paper and two barrel-shaped combustion ash.
The main sacred space has six poles: two poles round pictorial red dragon and a red four-pole spherical plain. The gods are worshiped placed in the room made of wood and located above the foundation. The main deity is Kwam Im Pou Sat with retinue, Thian Siang Seng Bo god (god of the sea / shipping) along with his retinue and Te Kun Kwam god (the god of war). In front of each deity there is the altar table and on it there is a place of ashes and candles.
In the east wing of the building there is a god altar Lak Kwam Yah (god of trade), the altar of the god Couw Su Kong (the god of the kitchen), the god of Hian Thian Siang altar Tie and retinue, gods Hu and Kong Sam Ong Ong Tik Coen, warehouses, two blank spaces and a hall used for worship of Mahayana Buddhism. In front of the barn there is an anchor who allegedly brought by the Chinese who came up with the ship.
The building consists of a rear wing for water purification, storage, library space, altar Hian Thian Siang Tie (god of the sky), the altar Tjin Fu Su (Collection of the gods) and the secretariat office. While building the west wing is a room to study the book of Buddhism. In building this wing has a door at the front (south) which is a side door to the west of the main building. Special to the rear wing, the altar Hian Thian Siang Tie (sky god) has its own roof, saddle-shaped, covering the roof of tiles. End of the arch-shaped roof ridge to the top.
Temple or monastery Goddess of Mercy (Tio Kok Sie) according to the story is a place for people to study science. This temple is thought to have stood in the year 1595 AD, but its founder is not known with certainty. Inscriptions are in the main room to mention that Taan Kok Liong, Khang Li, and Liem Tsiok Tiong in the year 1658 AD a donation. It also said Khang Li is the Maharaja who ruled in the Tiong Hwa Chinese territory during Lodewijk XIV. The inscription also mentions the restoration section of the main room, which was in 1791, 1829 and 1889, but without changing its original form. Now the temple is managed by Yayasan Dharma Tunas.
 
Location: Jl. No office. 2, or Pacinan Kamiran Village, Village Panjunan, District Weak Wungkuk
Coordinates: 06 º 02 '04 "S, 108 º 03' 135" E
Phone: -
Email: -
Internet: -
Directions: -
Facilities: -
Opening hours: -
Close: -
Tickets: -
More Information: - 


Another Destination