Cirebon Regency Hall

27-12-2011 Cirebon City 26122 viewed

Print


Travel history Cirebon City after a period marked some of the relics of the imperial buildings built in the colonial period. One of the relics of the old buildings are Regency Hall and Regent Official House. The building is located on Jl. Kartini is administratively located in the Village Kejaksan, District Kejaksan precisely at the coordinates 06 º 43 '623' south latitude and 108 º 33 '612 "East Longitude.
Cirebon Regent Official House stands in an area of ​​± 18 150 m2. On this site there are two main buildings, the Hall and the Home Office who was behind it. The second broad ± 3200 m2 building. The complex is surrounded by walls as high as more than 2 m in the south and west as well as an iron fence on the east and north. The gate-shaped temple that was built later briefly located on the east and west. Some commonly used mobility platform coated with asphalt, the rest is often used as a grazing deer that left some loose living, in the shade of a banyan tree, mango, and some perennials and ornamental plants.
Pavilion is an open structure without walls with a roof tile-shaped joglo, supported teak pole that stood on the floor tiles. In 1925 the pavilion roof top mounted ceiling of carved teak wood, which is attached to four poles. While the home office built in a colonial building style, with the main material of red brick, stone, sand, limestone, teak, marble and tiles. This building was built contemporaneous with the construction of Masjid At-Taqwa, which stands in the northwest of this complex.
According to tradition the source of the district have been formed since the reign of Queen Panembahan (17th century). Thus, the construction of the pavilion has been initiated since that time. But other sources said that the role of regent appears prominently in the Netherlands Indies Government. At that time the regents appointed by the resident, and serves as an intermediary for the interests of the government against the indigenous population. They are appointed from among the nobility and or indigenous elites. One of the regents who were recruited from among the "nobleman" is RT Natadiningrat (1814-1816). Based on such information it can be estimated, that Cirebon pavilion built in the early 19th century. In the 1800's for example, this building has been used as the official house R Simuk (Muchamad), Regent of the first Cirebon.
 
Location: Jl. Kartini, Village Kejaksan, District Kejaksan
Coordinates: 06 º 43 '623 "S, 108 º 33' 612" E
Phone: -
Email: -
Internet: -
Directions: -
Facilities: -
Opening hours: -
Close: -
Tickets: -
More Information: -


Another Destination