Bogor Palace

28-01-2016 Bogor City 26124 viewed

Print


 

Bogor Palace is located at Jalan H. Juanda, the total area of ​​28.4 hectares and is in line coordinates 106 ° 47 '796 "longitude and 06 ° 35'618" LS, with a height of 858 m above sea level. In the courtyard grow hundreds of large and shady trees and deer from mainland Asia (Nepal) wandering in the yard, the beauty of the Bogor palace was complete when on May 18, 1817, land used as gardens around the palace Kingdom (The Botanical Gardens), which at that time named Plantetium Lands (State-Owned Plants garden), which was founded and at the same time as the director is Prof.. Dr. CG. Reinwarrdt, the famous Dutch botanist at that time.
Bogor Palace in the center of the City Bgor. To visit it can use four-wheeled vehicles, or public transportation / public transportation Ciheulet-Ramayana, then ride public transportation or the department Baranangsiang-Bibular Ciperigi - Terminal Merdeka.
The palace was built by Gustaaf Willem Baron van Imhoff, formerly named Buittenzorg or Sans Souci, which means "no worries" in the year 1745-1749 (for 5 years). Location of the palace on the choice of Governor-General Gustaaf Willem Baron van Imhoff (1744) himself who struck for peace a small village in Bogor (Kampung Baru), a territory of the former kingdom, located in the upstream Pajajaran Batavia. Van Imhoff then planned to build the region as an agricultural area and the resort on weekends and holidays for the Governor-General. The palace was originally built in the shape of three levels.
Along with the development of the age changes occur in the initial building during the Governor-General of the Netherlands and the UK (Herman Willem Daendels and Sir Stamford Raffles) Bogor Palace form the building has undergone many changes, so that was a vacation home turned into a palace covering an area of ​​14.892 m2 . But disaster struck on October 10, 1834 an earthquake shook the result of the eruption of Mount Salak so the palace was badly damaged.
In 1850 Bogor palace was rebuilt, but did not rise again because it adapted to the situation of frequent earthquake area. In the reign of Governor-General Albertus Duijmayer Jacob (1855-1856) old buildings torn down and rebuilt the rest of the earthquake by taking the European architecture of the 19th century.
The palace was built as early resting place of Governor-General Gustaaf Willem Baron van Imhoff, then in 1870 made Buitenzorg Palace the official residence of the Governor-General of the Dutch East Indies and England (38 Governor-General of the Dutch and one British governor-general). Buitenzorg palace was the last occupant was Governor-General Van Starkenborg Tjaarda Stachurwer who was forced to hand over the palace to General Imamura, the Japanese occupation in 1942.
In 1950, after the Independence, the Presidential Palace in Bogor began to be used by the Indonesian government, and officially became one of the Indonesian Presidential Palace. Year 1954 had been a place to hold conference Five Countries (India, Pakistan, Burma, Ceylon and Indonesia) and the 1968 Bogor Palace was officially opened for public visits for the blessing of President Suharto. Flow of visitors from outside and within the country annually reach about a dozen thousand people. On 15 November 1994, Bogor Palace became the annual meeting of economic ministers of APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperasion), and there issued the Bogor Declaration. This Declaration is the commitment of APEC's 18 member states to hold free trade and investment before 2020. On August 16, 2002, during the reign of President Megawati, held a "glow of freedom" to commemorate the Hut RI-57. On 20 November 2006 U.S. President George W. Bush establish a state visit to Bogor Palace and met with President Susilo Bambang Yodhoyono. This brief visit lasted for six days.
Bogor Palace is one of the six Presidential Palace that holds about 219 paintings by famous painters and 136 statues and ceramics. This palace has a uniqueness of the historical aspects, culture and fauna. One of the interesting fauna are deer, imported directly from Nepal and maintained from the beginning until now. Although various activities of state is not done anymore in Bogor Palace, the public were allowed to visit a group, with the previously asked permission to the Secretary of State heads the Presidential Household Bogor. Now We have had a habit of Bogor and its surrounding residents on Saturdays, Sundays and other holidays walking in around Bogor Palace while feeding the deer that live in the yard beautiful Bogor Palace. The palace is well known, as the name suggests Bogor Palace, located in Bogor West Java.

 

 
Location: Jalan Ir. Juanda
Coordinates: 06 ° 35'618 "S, 106 ° 47 '796" E
Phone: -
Email: -
Internet: -
Directions: To visit it can use the four-wheeled vehicles, or public vehicles Ciheulet-Ramayana, then ride public transportation or the department Baranangsiang-Bibular Ciperigi - Free Terminal.
Facilities: -
Opening hours: -
Close: -
Tickets: -
Further Information: Secretary of State head of the Bogor Presidential Household
 

 



Another Destination